So your iPhoto library has got corrupted and you cannot access any of the saved images. This can be quite disappointing particularly when those those images happen to be memorable ones. However you need not get dishearten as still there are pretty good possibilities to repair iPhoto library. We have included manual as well as automatic process to accomplish this task easily. Just go through this post and find an easy solution for recovering iPhoto library database.
In case if there is a backup of existing iPhoto library it can be easily used to restore iPhoto library. However before proceeding further Mac users need to install updates to upgrade their iPhoto application. There have been instances where the issue of iPhoto library corruption is due to using outdated version. Suppose if installing the latest updates fix this problem then one need not rebuild library.
Unfortunately, if this does not work then users will have to perform the process to rebuild iPhoto library. Thus there arises the need to rebuild iphoto library as it has been seen in certain cases problem such as corrupted, missing, unreadable images can be sorted.
Manual Steps To Repair iPhoto Library in Mac OS X
A. #Rebuild iPhoto Library
B. #Restore Photos from Time Machine Backup
[A] Steps To Rebuild iPhoto Library
Kindly go through the steps which are mentioned below to accomplish the task to rebuild iPhoto library on your Mac Computer.
- Firstly you need to Quit iPhoto application if it’s open.
- Hold the Command and Option keys in combination on the keyboard.
- Now Open iPhoto application.
- Keep pressing the keys by holding it till the command is prompted to rebuild iPhoto library.
- further a dialog box will appear that will have the options to rebuild. Select from the option list you need to use.
- Click on Rebuild option to start the rebuild process. This will take few minutes to complete. So have some patience!
- if you are facing problems, you can also refer on Apple’s support page
If you are a regularly in habit of backing up photos using Time Machine then it can prove to be quite handy in case your iPhoto library has been corrupted or damaged due any reasons. Actually Mac OS X have been provided with an inbuilt Time machine utility for this very purpose. We all know that images are one of our valuable memories that no one wants to lose. So maintaining a good and updated backup of photos is must for ensuring that we never lose real important memories.
[B] How To Restore iPhoto Library Using Time Machine Backup
- Select iPhoto application
- Connect iPhoto with Time Machine on Mac
- Open finder and open iPhoto Library folder. look for the path Home/Pictures/iPhoto library till you have moved iPhoto library.
- Enter Time Machine using Application folder
Select your desired backup. The time displays a purple tick out sign for the backup stored on your Time Machine. select the disk to restore recent last backup.
However, it is worth mentioning that restoring backup from time machine is only effective in case users have recently taken backup of the data on their Mac device.
What if Manual Steps to Repair iPhoto Library Doesn’t Work?
Well if the above stated manual process doesn’t work in you case then do not lose hope. All you require is to go through our section where automatic process suggesting iPhoto repair software has been included to make the matter of iPhoto library recovery easier for users.
How To Recover Photos, Thumbnails, iPhoto database or any other files from iPhoto Library on Mac Automatically (Recommended Software)
|#1 Stellar Phoenix iPhoto Mac Data Recovery|
|#2 Wondershare iPhoto Mac Data Recovery|
|#3 MiniTool Mac Data Recovery Software|
|#4 Lazesoft Mac Data Recovery Suite (Free)|
#1. Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery : Top Tool to Recover Lost images from iPhoto Library Mac
If you are unable to access photos stored on iPhoto library folder or unable to restore backup using Time machine due to some error then do not panic. Now you can easily opt for Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery Utility. This is one of the best premium Software that will resolve the issues related to loss of images, corrupt thumbnails, corruption due to iPhoto rebuilding failure. Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery Software is considered as most accurate recovery tool when it comes to retrieving photos stored in iPhoto library that has been deleted either intentionally or accidentally.
- It can easily recover all the files stored on Mac drives that has been lost from HFS, HFS+, FAT, EXFAT as well as NTFS File system.
- It can also recover backup from Apple’s Time Machine hard drive incase when manual restoration fails due to logical errors.
- smoothly recovers photos from iPhoto library on MAc OS X that have been either damaged due to logical disk errors or any other valid reasons.
- It supports various versions of Mac OS such as macOS Sierra 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6
Note: Download the demo version 7.1 of software to scan & preview all the deleted photos of iPhoto library to be recovered
Stellar Phoenix Mac User’s Guide : How To Recover Deleted, Corrupted, Missing Photos on Mac OS X
Step 1: After Downloading and installing software, select the Mac drive or partition and then click on recover data option. There is also option for Quick or Advance Scan. Once done you need to choose start scan.
Step 2: Quick Scan in progress of deleted iPhoto library recovery will be displayed
Step 3: Once scan is completed, click on Ok
Step 4: Now a preview of the corrupted, missing iPhoto will be shown after the scan.
Step 5: Tap and select on the photo to be recovered of iPhoto library
Step 6: Now Choose the destination path where you want to save recovered image or complete iPhoto library. However you need to purchase the licensed key to perform this task.
System Requirements : Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery
- Operating System: macOS Sierra 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7 & 10.6
- Memory: 1 GB Minimum
- Hard Disk: 50 MB of Free Space
- Processor: Intel
#2. Wondershare Data Recovery Mac: Recover and Restore iPhoto Library database
- Recover photos from iPhoto library from your Mac computer quickly, safely and completely
- Quick Recovery Modes that would help Mac Users to recover lost iPhotos under different situation.
- Supports data recovery from hard drive, memory card, flash drive, iMac, MacBook, Mac Pro.
- It shows Preview of images to be restored before iPhoto recovery.
- It has the option for selective recovery
- Compatible and Supported OS: Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8, 10.9, 10.10 Yosemite)
System Requirements: Wondershare Mac Data Recovery
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.10, 10.11(El Capitan), 10.12(Sierra), 10.10(Yosemite), 10.9(Mavericks), 10.8, 10.7, or 10.6
- RAM: 256 MB or more of RAM (1024MB Recommended)
- CPU: 1GHz
- Hard Disk Space: 100 MB and above free space
#3. MiniTool Mac Data Recovery : Ultimate Tool for iPhoto Recovery on Apple’s Mac
MiniTool Mac Data Recovery is an advanced software which recovers your damaged, deleted and formatted iphoto database. It does an excellent job recovering photos but faltered when recovering media files. It is one of the most comprehensive recovery software that retrieved lost, deleted, corrupted photos and thumbnails from iPhoto library. No matter whatever might be the reasons for corruption, it will not let any stones unturned when it comes to recovering iPhoto library. in this segment which offers you a wide range of facility to recover accidental damaged, deleted or formatted data by intentionally or non-intentionally. It is simple to use and trustworthy software. It provides an advanced filter to search the specific files using their files names, file sizes, creation date and also a time saving program.
Striking Features Of MiniTool Mac Data Recovery Software That Helps in iPhoto Recovery
1. Simple Steps To Recover Deleted iPhoto library data – Select the functional module that the Mac OS users want to use
"Select the file type >> Enter the module >> Start to scan data >> Preview and recover >> Save the file"
2. Accurate And Simple To Use – MiniTool Mac Data Recovery provides to scanning methods : Quick Scan and Full Scan. Thus it allows their users to choose according o their needs and situation by making method of selection more flexible.
3. Time Saver – This mac data recovery software also saves the crucial time of their users by providing some of the most advanced filters and advanced settings. It defines a range of data searching so as to save time and enhance efficiency of the data recovery process.
4. Safe And Reliable iPhoto Recovery – MiniTool Mac Data Recovery has a very user friendly interface which is easy to use and and seems very beautiful and clear with simple operations. So it is easy to understand to the users. In this way this recovery software do not causes data damage while scanning iPhoto so it is very safe and reliable.
Four Impressive Functional Modules Of MiniTool Mac Data for iPhoto Recovery
- iPhoto and digital recovery.
- Undelete recovery.
- Lost partition recovery.
- Damaged partition recovery.
MiniTool Mac Data Recovery : User Guide To Recover Deleted Photos
#4. Lazesoft Mac Data Recovery Software : Free Tool to Recover iPhoto
Lazesoft Mac Data Recovery is best free software to recover corrupted iPhoto library on Macintosh OS X operating system. The software allows users to recover unlimited photos and that too without paying any penny. This Free Mac Data Recovery Software, is specially designed to retrieve deleted, corrupted, damaged photos, images on Mac OS environment and is perfect to recover and restore files from HFS/HFS+, FAT, FAT32, NTFS, EXFAT (new) as well as other file systems.
Lazesoft iPhoto Mac Data Recovery can easily recover deleted Mac iPhoto library files from any mountable media such as internal hard disk, external hard disk, USB flash disk, memory cards, iPods Classic, etc.
Lazesoft Mac Data Recovery uses the most up-to-date, secure, speedy and powerful data recovery engines. It can recover iPhoto library data, even when the partitions are severely damaged or virus infected.
Lazesoft Mac Data Recovery Software Features
- Support recovery of images and files from EXFAT file system
- Recover deleted photos and iPhoto library from EXFAT partition
- Recover data from formatted Mac drives
- Recover files from damaged iPhoto application.
Getting Started: Lazesoft Mac Data Recovery
- Operating Systems: Mac OS X 10.5 or later
- Memory (RAM): At least 1GB
- Processor: Intel
Why Stellar’s Mac Data Software is Recommended for iPhoto Recovery on Mac (Different Circumstances for Loss of iPhoto)
|Recovers Accidentally deleted iPhoto library||
pressing ‘Command + Del’ with no backup
clicked on ‘Delete All’
Deleted iPhoto instead of saving by accidentally pressing wrong button
Empty photos from Trash without backup
|Retrieves Formatted or reformatted Mac Hard drive and partition.||
Photos and files are formatted.
Mac OS X prompts for disk initialization
|Recovers lost iPhotos due to Improper operation||
improper shut down of Mac
Exiting iPhoto application during a write process
Restoring Mac to Factory settings without backup.
Any type of file system corruption in Mac storage device, hard drive and USB flash drive.
|Handy for restoring files in Other situations||
when images or iphoto database is lost while transferring photos from iPhoto library on Mac computer
Mac turned off un-intentionally
Bottom Line: Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery is ideal choice to go for when it comes to recovering lost, deleted, corrupted and inaccessible iPhoto library database. There has been no issues reported where it has failed to meet the expectations of customers. In 9 out of 10 cases, it has accomplished the task of iPhoto recovery
Installation Guide: Stellar Phoenix iPhoto Mac Data Recovery Tool
Download and install Stellar Phoenix iPhoto Mac Data Recovery Software on Mac.
Now double click on the Stellar Phoenix Application .DMG File.
Drag it to your respective Application Folder and Run.